Thursday, February 3, 2011

My Ethnography Site

For my site i chose to do the local planet fitness gym in my home town.  I already know some people that go there and the layout. There is a lot of cardio machines there and I'm sure the people that are on them spy on the other gym members. It will be interesting to see what people do while they are running. I also know that just because the slogan for planet fitness is the judgement free zone, its anything but that. People will always judge others by the way they look and theres no better place then at a gym to do that.

  There are some things I will be excited to learn about while observing this place. Are there regulars who attend?  Is the gym just like an adult version of high school as far as cliques and outcasts? Is everyone there already in shape? I am genuinely intrigued to find out about who goes to this gym and how much working out actually goes on.

1 comment:

  1. I think Planet Fitness will be a really good site to observe. The commercials marketing their "judgement free zone" crack me up each time, but I have only actually been to work out at one once or twice. Observations of the type of people their and workout habits will be interesting to read about!

    ReplyDelete